Reduced Flange Improved View (RFIV)
Macintosh Fiber Optic Blades
Patented modification to the "English" profile laryngoscope blade. Reduction in the upper flange will enable the user to exert less force upon the maxillary incisors. A channel has been created which adds strength to the blade as well as increases the viewing area. This provides a channel through which an endotracheal tube may be inserted after visualizing the cords. The reduced flange protects teeth during intubations.
• US patent no. D413977
- 4.0mm diameter F.O. bundle with more than 5,500 individual fiber strands.
- Equipped with detachable Fiber light carrier. The light carrier can be taken out and repolished 5 times in case of surface damage due to improper use or accident.
- High quality fibers ensuring excellent light transmission. 7,000 lux with 2.5V Xenon lamp, 12,500 lux with 3.5 V Xenon lamp, 18,000 lux with 2.5V LED lamp and 30,000 lux with 3.5V LED lamp.
- Autoclavable up to 134°C approximately 2,000 times. No adverse affect in using ETO, Steam Autoclaving.
- Can sustain Plasma Sterilization. (STERRAD 100NX)